Tuesday, March 4, 2008

In Memoriam: Leonard Rosenman (1924-2008)















I know that in my previous post, I promised to upload the soundtrack to The Last Starfighter, but earlier today, I learned that one of my favorite film score composers passed away today.



Leonard Rosenman, known for his scores to such films as East of Eden and Rebel Without a Cause (both 1955), Fantastic Voyage (1966), Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970) and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986), passed away of a heart attack at the Motion Picture & Television Country House and Hospital in Woodland Hills, California. He was 83.



In his memory, I post the score that made me a fan of his works.



Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (NBX Special Edition)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xxra3p

This NBXSE features all the tracks from the MCA Records commercial release plus the song "I Hate You" by Edge of Etiquette in both unedited and edited forms.

(Songs with a **: Performed and Arranged by The Yellowjackets; Composed by Leonard Rosenman, Russell Ferrante and Jimmy Haslip. )

("I Hate You" Written by Kirk Thatcher; Arranged by Mark Mangini; Performed by Edge of Etiquette; Edited version edited by William Raymer for www.trekcore.com.)

1.Main Title 2:39
2.The Whaler 2:01
3.Market Street** 4:37
4.Crash-Whale Fugue 8:16
5.Ballad of the Whale** 4:59
6.Gillian Seeks Kirk 2:42
7.Chekov's Run 1:20
8.Time Travel 1:28
9.Hospital Chase 1:14
10.The Probe 1:16
11.Home Again/End Credits 5:38

12. I Hate You (Unedited) 1:56

13. I Hate You (Edited) 1:56

Goodbye, Leonard, and thank you...

NeoBlisseyX

No comments: